parse error - uncexpected '}' (500)

gdi2k

Aug 13, 2016
I have an issue where I get the following error when trying to create a new HA resource in my cluster (Datacenter -> HA -> Resources -> Add).

Code:
parse error - uncexpected '}' (500)

I am sure this is my own fault - I modified corosync.conf to add a separate corosync network as backup as per the guide here:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Separate_Cluster_Network

But I messed up (added an additional curly bracket), which broke corosync. After fixing the bracket issue, everything seems to work fine, but I have this issue. Any idea where I could look?

For reference, my corosync.conf now looks like this:
Code:
root@sb1:~# cat /etc/corosync/corosync.conf
logging {
  debug: off
  to_syslog: yes
}

nodelist {
  node {
    name: sb1
    nodeid: 1
    quorum_votes: 1
    ring0_addr: sb1
    ring1_addr: 10.32.112.1
  }
  node {
    name: sb2
    nodeid: 2
    ring0_addr: sb2
    ring1_addr: 10.32.112.2
  }
  node {
    name: sb3
    nodeid: 3
    ring0_addr: sb3
    ring1_addr: 10.32.112.3
  }
}

quorum {
  provider: corosync_votequorum
}

totem {
  cluster_name: smiles2
  config_version: 5
  interface {
    bindnetaddr: 10.32.32.1
    ringnumber: 0
  }
  interface {
    bindnetaddr: 10.32.112.1
    ringnumber: 1
  }

ip_version: ipv4
  rrp_mode: passive
  secauth: on
  version: 2
}

Attachments

• Selection_671.png
    Selection_671.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 2
'/etc/pve/corosync.conf' and '/etc/corosync/corosync.conf' need to be identical.

Thanks for the suggestion - I checked and both files are identical on all 3 cluster members.

Code:
root@smiles3:~# diff /etc/corosync/corosync.conf /etc/pve/corosync.conf -s
Files /etc/corosync/corosync.conf and /etc/pve/corosync.conf are identical

I'd like to gently bump this. This cluster will go into production and I can't afford for there to be any issues with HA. If I can't resolve it I'll need to reinstall it from scratch which I would prefer to avoid.

Are you cluster updated and all nodes on the same version?
Do you use the correct repositories?

Yes, the cluster members are fully up to date using the free repo configs (for now).

In the end I just reinstalled - I didn't want to risk there being a problem with clustering down the line.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!