PANIC: double fault, error_code 0x0 - IBM x3650 M3

czbg

Dec 4, 2015
Hi,

every week or so, this one server crash with PANIC: double fault, error_code 0x0. I've made some screenshots(attached) of console in that state. I can only reboot after that. Anyone have any idea? I've tun some onboard IBM diagnostics, Linux Stresstest, memtest, all pass w/o errors.

Proxmox is latest from unsupported repo. This is only IBM that I have here and It's the only server with this problem.

Thank you and Best Regards

Attachments

• pve1fault.JPG
    pve1fault.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 8
  • pve1fault1.JPG
    pve1fault1.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 7
  • pve1fault2.JPG
    pve1fault2.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

i have the same issues with two x3650 M3. One of the machines freezes every week and light path reports memory fault. replaced memory, same issues and no errors with extensive memtest checks.

Second machine just randomly reboots.

These are spare machines with no active vm/lxc on it.

Hi talos,

thanks for that info. This server also has only a few ct/vm, for testing. I do not know what to do, I cannot return it and claim warranty because they will just run onboard diagnostics and say all is ok.

Problem happens with different kernels. Since 4.x release, I've upgraded it a few times from unofficial repo, every time there was a new kernel and I hoped it would change but it didn't. From pve-kernel-4.2.3-2-pve to pve-kernel-4.2.8-1-pve

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!