paid support

raj

Sep 17, 2011
www.businessparksolutions.com
Hi Proxmox Team,

I have a small IT company and I use proxmox at a few sites now.

I was looking at going from the free to paid support.

Still early days but as the product it good and help always there hoping to go for paid support.

What I wanted to understand is if the physical host has 2 physical cpus and each is quad core, you charge me for the 2 physical cpus not for the 8 cores in total.

Secondly, how I can get that done and what benefit I get on that as paid support.

Last what is the sla on paid support and is it just via forum or also phone support.

Sorry for all the questions but just need to be sure before getting the support that is the right one.

Regards,

Raj

Tom is referring to this PDF:
http://www.proxmox.com/images/download/pve/agreements/Proxmox_VE-Subscription-Agreement_V2.9.pdf

[...]
What I wanted to understand is if the physical host has 2 physical cpus and each is quad core, you charge me for the 2 physical cpus not for the 8 cores in total.

1.3 How many CPU-sockets does my server have?To see the number of CPU-sockets of your server go to the GUI of your Proxmox VE server, select thenode and go to the Summary tab – CPU name and socket count will be listed.

Core-count is not taken into account
Socket-count is taken into account

2 socket Quadcore no HT = 8x Virtual Core CPU (2 Sockets)
2 socket Quadcore + HT = 16x Virtual Core CPU (2 Sockets)
1 socket Quadcore + HT = 8x Virtual Core CPU (1 Sockets)
1 socket Quadcore no HT = 4x Virtual Core CPU (1 Sockets)
1 socket DecaCore + HT = 20x Virtual Core CPU (1 Sockets)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!