[OT] Export disk lists from XenServer via API

Alessandro 123

May 22, 2016
Sorry for the OT but I don't know where to ask.
I have to move a bounch of VMs from XenServer to Proxmox, to do so automatically with a script made by me, I need to know the exact disks lists and sizes attached to the XS server, via http call.

Reading the OVA.xml file (i can export the VM metadata easily) from bash is hard and not easily scriptable.
As the new host running my custom script is proxmox, do you know if there are some perl modules able to read and parse the ova.xml files ? What I need is the disk name (Ref:71, Ref:94 and so on) and the allocated size of each one.

reading an ovf file is much easier than the xva file. Do you know if i can export the VM metadata as OVF file ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!