openwrt boot

Hum...I'm clearly missing something. I'm sure this isn't the solution (obviously) but for reasons I don't understand if I perform this twice:

qm importdisk 100 openwrt.raw local-zfs

and add both disks to the vm and make the two images 1 and 2 in the boot order the image boots just fine.

If someone has some ideas on how to debug I'm happy to try them out. Otherwise I'm moving on and will kick this can down the road to some other day when I'm trying to recall why in the world I had two of the same images attached to the vm.

Screenshot 2023-07-06 182947.png

This is a very old and incomplete tuto. And do not pass any card, as it cause many issues. As your starting, simply install, * there is only 1 disk, not 2. And put directly a vmbr4 and your 0 , at boot do the switch at config and off you go.

I have encountered the same issue after upgrading to Proxmox VE 8. Even backups I made previously on Proxmox VE 7 (containing one disk imported using squashfs-combined-efi image) would not boot after restored on Proxmox VE 8. And having two disks mitigated the issue on my end as well.

Last edited:
Another interesting discovery: if you backup the currently working VM with 2 identical disks (both imported via squashfs img), one of the disk's size may be trimmed to an incorrect value:

1689130350412.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!