OpenVZ to LXC container service issue.

Kevinsky86

Jan 2, 2018
Kinda doubting where to put this, but chose this subforum seeing this issue only seems to exist with converted containers.

I'm currently looking into building a new Proxmox cluster with Proxmox 5 to replace a proxmox 3 cluster, which will thusly also involve converting a bunch of (mainly Centos 7) OpenVZ contairs to LXC.
The process itself runs smoothy, I can convert/restore the OpenVZ backup, add the network interface as instructed, boot the container and things start to "sorta" work but I ran into some things.

Console access (via px interface) didn't work, it kept refusing the credentials, after some troubleshooting this turned out to be fixable by adding pts/0 to /etc/securetty by logging into the CT with Putty.
Might be a CentOS 7 specific thing? The conversion how-to didn't mention this but I can reliably reproduce this problem with my OpenVZ backups so it seems to be more then an anomaly at the moment.

I can't get any sort of web service to be reachable.
Right now i'm testing with some random gitlab server that I created on a proxmox 3 cluster a while ago and have now migrated to my proxmox 5 test machine and even though the services are running any browser requests time out.
Shutting down gitlab and servicing some default apache install over port 80 doesn't work either so I don't think it's a service related issue but logging in via SSH and pinging it is not a problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!