offline backup

Jnkconsult

May 21, 2021
Hello,
I have a 3 nodes Proxmos VE cluster and a 4the server only with Proxmox Backup server and 4 To SSD by a provider.
Everthing work perfectly but I want to have a weekly offline backup of all my VM.

What is for you the best solution to export/have this offline backup at home on a USB or a other external SSD/HD system ?

Thanks you

Hello,

thanks you for your answer but your solution is to make a local copy of the backup (same machine) but I'm looking for a solution to make a copy from my remote Proxmox Backup Server to a local HDD external hardrive (via my desktop computer).

Thanks

JMS

You could share the drive via SMB/NFS and access it via your desktop.
Probably the better solution would be to make a full backup via the regular PVE backup tool and move it to your external HDD.

Hello,

thanks you for your answer but your solution is to make a local copy of the backup (same machine) but I'm looking for a solution to make a copy from my remote Proxmox Backup Server to a local HDD external hardrive (via my desktop computer).

Thanks

JMS
The way we have been doing it is to run the PBS server as a container with sufficient root storage to store the backups.

Then vzdump the entire PBS container to an external usb drive.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!