OCFS2 Filesystem miss?

Andre Köhler

Jan 9, 2012
Hattingen, Germany
Hello All,
i would like to configure a DRBD with OCFS.

But when i Start OCFS:
root@proxmox2:/# /etc/init.d/o2cb start
Loading filesystem "configfs": OK
Mounting configfs filesystem at /sys/kernel/config: OK
Loading filesystem "ocfs2_dlmfs": Unable to load filesystem "ocfs2_dlmfs"
Failed
root@proxmox2:/#

is the FS not included in Proxmox Kernel? How can I install it?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry for the post... i searched before but this post was not on the resultpage...

so... but now the only question, can i reinstall it with aptitude or something?

i need ocfs because other linux server in my network use this ...

you should read the post. no.

First of all I would like to say that I understand the reasons to drop OCFS2 support and that I that I just want to help people in the same situation as me.

Here are some assumptions:
- You already have the OCFS2 with all yours VMs on it. If you are creating a new environment, then just use LVM
- You are NOT using OpenVZ, only KVM (I don't use it and have not tested OpenVZ)
- Proxmox support won't help you and don't post problems related to it in this forum.

Well, that said, you can actually use OCFS2 by installing the default debian kernel instead of PVE kernel.
You need then to make sure that you mount the FS and configure it as a Directory (shared) in the web interface.

Since I had a recent version, I had to enable the backport repo:
deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main

and then install:

apt-get -t squeeze-backports install ocfs2-tools apt-get -t squeeze-backports install linux-image-amd64

is gfs no option? why not?

I have never used it.

I already had a cluster using OCFS2 which at the time of implementation we considered the best option, and now we needed an option to migrate one VM host at a time without having to also migrate all guests from files (qcow2) to LVM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!