[SOLVED] nvme install

Nik2016

Oct 25, 2016
Hello, I'd like to install proxmox on to a M.2 NVME zfs mirror. I've seen an older thread regarding this:-

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-install-on-nvme-drives-w-uefi.50575/

It's a year old now this thread. Is it still the case that you cannot install zfs on to a NVME drive due to this GRUB issue?

If this is still the case, is there any sort of work around for this at all? Say you did an initial install to another disk and then once you were in the OS setup the zfs mirror on the NVME drives + the required directory structure for proxmox. Then setup a bootloader and changed the 1st boot device? Thanks!

Hi,
It's a year old now this thread. Is it still the case that you cannot install zfs on to a NVME drive due to this GRUB issue?
You can install the root on an NVMe if you use ZFS.
The installer can do this.

You can install on NVMe, but I think the question was can you install on an NVMe mirror. Can anyone confirm if that is fixed?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!