NVIDIA compilation problem

A

arash.abghari

Hi,

I am not able to install nvidia driver for pve-kernel-2.6.32-1-pve. It seems, it can not find appropriate header files, although I have pve-headers-2.6.32-1-pve installed. It gets compiled for pve-kernel-2.6.24-10-pve without any problem.

Thanks

What driver does not compile, exactly. Where can I download the sources?

I assume he is talking about the closed source nvidia drivers for X.

What driver does not compile, exactly. Where can I download the sources?

It's the driver provided by NVIDIA for graphic cards. During installation, the driver is compiling something for installed kernel. The driver that I am using is NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-190.42.

Thanks

Ok, don't do this on a production environment.
If you want to use the Nvidia drivers I have to think that what you want is 3D... compiz or something similar?
What you can do is install a debian squeeze with the linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-amd64, then you can install compiz, compile the Nvidia 3d or whatever you want. After that you must add the proxmox ve repository and install the proxmox packages.
You will have everything you need, Proxmox with KSM, Compiz-Fusion, Elisa mediacenter...
I've done this at home and it's all working fine.

I just uploaded a fixed version of the 'pve-headers-2.6.32-1-pve' package. Please can you update and test?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!