noVNC weird problems (containers console is blurried and on VM keyboard layout it's almost unable to write anything that isn't letters & numbers)

H25E

Nov 5, 2020
I have a single 6.4-15 proxmox node with some containers and VM.

For all my containers console look like:
1668691629048.png

For all my VM I can only write the following characters:
1668691699083.png

I can't write "/", which limits a lot to navigate through the FS or to set IP/CIDR.

This is locking me out of a backuped VM that I have restored in my proxmox node. I can't enable the virtual network device because there would be an IP conflict with the original VM, so I can't enter through SSH. But I can't change its IP too, due to the console problems.

How can I fix noVNC problems?

EDIT: I have my proxmox keyboard layout and VM keyboard layout set to my physical keyboard layout

Last edited:
Absolutely! Thanks a lot, I would never guessed.

For the containers, allowing "extract canvas data" solved everything! No more blurred chars and full keyboard layout available as usually!

But, for the VM, this setting it's doing nothing unfortunately. Still not able to write "special" chars. I have disabled enchanced tracking protection too, but still nothing.

Now that I know I'm using another broswer that it's working perfectly! But it would be great to know how to make it to work also for the VM. Very weird to have different behaviours for containers and VM.

Very weird to have different behaviours for containers and VM.
Not really. Containers are accessed by a terminal, (a pty = Pseudo Teletype for historical reasons), something like a serial interface. VMs are supplying a virtual graphics card. The mechanism to show a terminal are fundamentally different.

But your browser is dealing with a bunch of JS code that it's far away and independent from the soutce (pty/virtual VGA)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!