Notifications - add ntfy.sh

Michael.Uray

Renowned Member
Mar 31, 2009
Austria
www.ctb.co.at
It would be good to have ntfy.sh as notification service available as well.
Ntfy.sh is similar to Gotify which is already implemented in Proxmox.

If you are going to add it, then please also add options to allow a basic authentication, since ntfy.sh itself has no user/password authentication and you might put it behind a reverse proxy with basic authentication enabled.

I support this message. ntfy.sh is also a bit more popular than gotify on github, judging by their star ratings.

@fiona
Is it possible that you activate voting for your Bugzilla bugtracking system?
Then you could vote up enhancement proposals and you see which ones are most wanted by the users.
I'm not in charge of that, but I've asked if it that is possible and we'll look into it. Usually the number of people CC-ed to the issue expresses about the same information, so @mcmxvi feel free to do that to express interest.

Reactions: Michael.Uray
It would be good to have ntfy.sh as notification service available as well.
Ntfy.sh is similar to Gotify which is already implemented in Proxmox.

If you are going to add it, then please also add options to allow a basic authentication, since ntfy.sh itself has no user/password authentication and you might put it behind a reverse proxy with basic authentication enabled.
I don't have experience with the public ntfy endpoint but my selfhosted instance has access control as described in the docs

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!