[SOLVED] Notification Matcher

jordan_dig

Feb 9, 2023
Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with email notifications for backups on my Proxmox server. I followed the suggestions from the documentation and configured the "Notification Matcher" rules as follows:

Code:
match-field exact:type=vzdump

However, when I run a backup, no email is sent, even though my other notification rules work correctly.

Could someone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• chrome_hS46KSPeic.png
    chrome_hS46KSPeic.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 5
  • chrome_G1SXPjj3MK.png
    chrome_G1SXPjj3MK.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 5
  • chrome_NmttRsgB9P.png
    chrome_NmttRsgB9P.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
when I run a backup
What have you set in the backup job for Notification Mode?

In general PVE has gone through different iterations over time with its notification structure (sometimes with bugs) so it can be dicey at times - especially from an older install.

In general PVE has gone through different iterations over time with its notification structure (sometimes with bugs) so it can be dicey at times - especially from an older install.

Attachments

• Photos_bU3m9sJoXy.png
    Photos_bU3m9sJoXy.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 7
  • chrome_tlay2rld3Z.png
    chrome_tlay2rld3Z.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 7

Hello,
Thank you for your quick reply.
Here are some screenshots:
This is a recent proxmox installation (about 6 months old).

The matcher-based notification system is bypassed if the notification mode is set to 'Email (legacy)' or if it set to 'Auto' and you have entered an email address. It was done this way as to ensure a smoother transition from the 'old' notification stack to the newer one.
Just set the mode to 'notification system' and it should work (or, alternatively, remove the email address from the backup job settings).

Reactions: gfngfn256
Great, thanks a lot for the explanation
I solved the problem by removing the email address from the field.
Great!

Would you mind marking the thread as 'Solved'? You can do so by editing the original post and selecting the 'Solved' prefix next to the subject :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!