[NOT SOLVED AND NOONE HELPING] nvidia 30 40 series gpu support

Karanvir

Jun 25, 2024
I want to build a server and use it as a host with 4 virtual machines on it.
I did some researches and found that nvidia is blocking gpu passthrough, so my question is if i buy a 30/40 series card can i passthrough multiple vms that are active at the same time. please help

Last edited:
a 30/40 series card can i passthrough multiple vms that are active at the same time.
This is not possible with PCIe passthrough; only one VM per device at any one time. But I don't know if there are unsupported ways to get a NVidia GPU to do mediated device passthrough (but you won't have display output). Or what did you have in mind?

This is not possible with PCIe passthrough; only one VM per device at any one time. But I don't know if there are unsupported ways to get a NVidia GPU to do mediated device passthrough (but you won't have display output). Or what did you have in mind?
First of all, thank you very much for answering to my question.
The final result i imagined is: 4 vms always on inside the host and every vm has access to the gpu, i use rdp to connect to each one of them, and through the web interface i control the resources assigned to the vms.

i already have something similar but the host has a 2060 inside. I don't know if i can do the same with a 3060 or a 4060

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!