[SOLVED] Not detecting spam email at all

Fear37

Dec 10, 2019
Hi guys. I'm new to pmg and currently using 6.1-2 newest version.
Most of my configurations are default (no change in spam scores). I've registered to alot of newsletter sites to test and i've checked again today. Everything was "Accepted/delivered" in Tracking Center.

I've enable only 2 mail filter rule the Quarantine/Mark Spam(Level 3) and one that i created myself that has spam lv 1 as What Objects and Quarantine as Action Objects.

I've tested block dangerous files rule and it's working, (email would actually get blocked)

Any help would be appreciated.

What is the newsletter email address?
What is the spam score of the email address?

so you subscribed to legit newsletters, and receive the emails you asked for and then you wonder why?

for me it sounds like everything is working as expected.
(a "newsletter" is not necessarily spam; esp. if you can sign up manually)

Seems you do NOT send your incoming SMTP traffic to the "external port" - therefore no spam score on your traffic as on the internal port no spam scanning is enabled (by default).

Configure your firewall in order to direct the incoming SMTP traffic from the internet to the external port of the Proxmox Mail Gateway.

Reactions: Fear37
Seems you do NOT send your incoming SMTP traffic to the "external port" - therefore no spam score on your traffic as on the internal port no spam scanning is enabled (by default).

Configure your firewall in order to direct the incoming SMTP traffic from the internet to the external port of the Proxmox Mail Gateway.

Thank you, this is the issue.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!