Node to node networking

krikey

Aug 15, 2018
UK
I have two nodes with two NICS each. One NIC is connected directly to the internet, the other NIC is essentially a LAN only connection between the nodes with a linux bridge creating VMBR2.

I'm manually configuring static IP address to the nodes themselves in the 10.10.10.0/24 range.

Can I use this VMBR2 with VMs/CTs but also give these access to the internet?

Presumably I could also use something like a pfSense or OPNSense VM to provide a GUI to do the same thing if using NAT?

Presumably I could also use something like a pfSense or OPNSense VM to provide a GUI to do the same thing if using NAT?
For sure this is also possible. OpenWRT/OPnsense/pfsense/vyos can all be used in this way.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!