No web gui access

noobnonit

Jan 27, 2023
Brand new install of Proxmox 7.3.1.
can login on the screen attached to the HP Elitedesk I am using, but cannot access the Web GUI on my laptop - it repeatedly tells me the password is wrong. Can also SSH into the HP but I guess no real need for that.
there is nothing else on the HP machine (although this Proxmox install was a new one, which I assume overwrites anything that was there before)
have seen multiple posts but not sure where my answer might really be.
I am absolutely not computer savvy, so anyone who is kind enough to try to help will need to walk me through step by step, using short words
if you are that person, then I am truly thankful to you

Hi,
make sure to use the correct keyboard layout and realm, e.g. Linux PAM standard authentication

Thank you for trying to help Chris.
Apologies in advance - this is probably going to be painful for you given my lack of computer knowledge.
So where so I go to get the correct layout and realm ?

Thank you for trying to help Chris.
Apologies in advance - this is probably going to be painful for you given my lack of computer knowledge.
So where so I go to get the correct layout and realm ?
The realm you will have to select from the drop down list in the WebUIs login form, the keyboard layout you will have to set on your client machine (probably is already what you want, just to be sure you were not using the incorrect layout).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!