No SSH/GUI Access

Kanze

Feb 8, 2023
Hi all,

is about a week that I'm struggling to understand what is happening to my proxmox VE. I can't understand why, randomly and without any reasonable cause, my proxmox VE installed on a HP Proliant DL380p G8 stop to be able to accept login credentials, both SSH and GUI, and give me back "connection refused", I can only access it throught HP ILO integrated remote console. I tried a lot of suggestions found here in the forum, also tried reboots, restart services ecc but nothing, rarely I need to wait until my PVE decide to work again, otherwise I need to install PVE from scratch, and it is really frustrating.
I'm running proxmox-ve 7.4-1 with kernel 5.15.107-2-pve, pve-manager 7.4-3
Is there anything that I can do to understand where the problem is?

Thanks!

As you have discovered there could be many reasons for your experience. You did not list what exactly you tried, nor did you show the state of the system during the outage. If you can collect that information, it will help direct the troubleshooting.
In the meantime, have you checked for duplicate IPs?

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Sorry for the late response, I remembered that last week I called the ISP support and they probably resetted the router configuration, so I lost the changes that I made on DHCP pool, now is fixed. Thanks @bbgeek17 to the hint of the duplicated IP!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!