[SOLVED] No 10G Connection on Server with X11dpi-NT

LordAoshi

Oct 13, 2021
Hi Community,
im very new to this and installed Proxmox VE on my Server with Intel Xeon Gold 6230 CPU, X11dpi-nt mainboard and 256 GB RAM, 2x 10G network onboard.
Somehow i am not able to get my 10g connection working with a router (fritzbox 7590). IPMI works fine. Is there any driver i need to install additionaly in proxmox cli?
If yes please guide step by step - it is appreciated very much for a bloody beginner. I read here and there and did lspci, ip link show etc. which recognizes the chipset etc. but link is still down. Usually 10G is compatible with 1G network. Do i have to enable something in bios or driver install in proxmox cli?

Thanks for your help :)

EDIT: a simple network cable was the problem.... just changed network cable and it went smoothly

Last edited:
Thanks for coming back to post the solution to your issue!

Reactions: LordAoshi
Network cables and switch port access configs sneak up and bite everyone at some point. Glad you got it sorted in short order.

Reactions: LordAoshi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!