nfs user and password

starnetwork

Renowned Member
Dec 8, 2009
Hi,
how can I add Authentication for remote nfs to cluster, when my nfs have user and password protection?

Best Regards,
Star Network.

Last edited:
We do not support user/password protection (we do not want to store plain text passwords). So I suggest that
you simply allow the proxmox hosts to access the shares.

Hi,
I don't have any other Authentication option on the NAS, and I need to give remote access to other users directory.
there is any way to save it like the server key on cluster?

Best Regards,
Star Network.

Hello guys!

I know this post is about hundred years old but I was looking for exact this method to use my NFS Storage.
So is it at this time - Proxmox 5.x/5.2.x - possible to authenticate using username and password?
If not I would have to allow the host-ip-address access to the NAS - no big problem, but it would be cleaner if users can be used.

Best regards,
Florian

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!