[SOLVED] NFS setup on QNAP

nahpus

Aug 7, 2024
Hello everyone,
I just set up my Proxmox server, but I can't set up an NFS share that I have on the QNAP NAS.
TPC port 2049 is listening on the NAS but every time I try to mount the folder I get this error:
"create storage failed: mount error: mount.nfs: mounting 10.152.100.2:/DataVol1/proxmox failed, reason given by server: No such file or directory (500)"

I haven't found any help on the forum. Is it possible to receive it from you?A thousand thanks.

Attachments

• Proxmox.png
    Proxmox.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 9
  • QNAP.png
    QNAP.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 10
  • QNAP_1.png
    QNAP_1.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 10
I believe that at least "rpcinfo" needs to be working successfully for PVE to be able to consume NFS storage. Since showmount uses mostly same protocol, it needs to be working as well.
You may want to look at making sure that RPC daemons are enabled and available on the NAS side. How to do that is a question best posted to QNAP forum/support.

You may also want to play with specifying NFS version in your mount command. At the very least you should be able to mount the export directly from command line before trying PVE again.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

I solved it, I had to open the dirty rpc(111) on the NAS via a change to the configuration file /etc/config/service_binding.conf

Reactions: bbgeek17

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!