nfs-server inside LXC

MasterTH

Renowned Member
Jun 12, 2009
www.sonog.de
Hi,

i couldn't find a solution for running a nfs-server inside a lxc-container. (proxmox4.1)
Is there a workaround?

kind regards
MasterTH

Hi,

i couldn't find a solution for running a nfs-server inside a lxc-container. (proxmox4.1)
Is there a workaround?

kind regards
MasterTH
Hi,
where is the problem? I had an openvz nfs server at home, which I converted to lxc via backup/restore.

Work...
Code:
root@fileserver:~# dpkg -l | grep nfs
ii  libnfsidmap2  0.23-2  An nfs idmapping library
ii  nfs-common  1:1.2.2-4squeeze2  NFS support files common to client and server
ii  nfs-kernel-server  1:1.2.2-4squeeze2  support for NFS kernel server
root@fileserver:~# df -h
Filesystem  Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/loop0  2.0T  1.8T  79G  96% /
none  100K  0  100K  0% /dev
cgroup  12K  0  12K  0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs  3.9G  0  3.9G  0% /sys/fs/cgroup/cgmanager
tmpfs  3.9G  0  3.9G  0% /lib/init/rw
tmpfs  3.9G  0  3.9G  0% /dev/shm
The config looks not special
Code:
root@pve1:/etc/pve/lxc# more 100.conf
arch: i386
cpulimit: 1
cpuunits: 1024
hostname: fileserver.domain.de
memory: 768
net0: bridge=vmbr0,hwaddr=32:66:35:33:34:38,ip=dhcp,name=eth0,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: debian
rootfs: pve_local:100/vm-100-disk-1.raw,size=2T
swap: 1280
lxc.aa_profile: unconfined

Udo

lxc.aa_profile: unconfined
That is special.

The usual NFS daemon on linux uses a kernel side implementation and thus a regular LXC container cannot use it (and this is unlikely to change, ever).
The only way to allow it is to either create a special AppArmor profile with all the required privileges or disable AppArmor like the above poster.
This however pretty much disables security measures and so I strongly recommend to NOT run any untrusted services or users in the same container. It is then merely a fancy-looking chroot environment combined with our storage subsystem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!