New kernel release (pvetest repository) with kvm-kmod-2.6.31.6

Is there anyone running Windows Server with virtio drivers on this kernel ?
How are the experiences ?

I run a win2008 64-bit with exchange 2007 and ads. no issues so far but its quite a small installation (around 20 GB email database). I also run a daily full backup at midnight.

My experience for using the virtio drivers on a heavy loaded production system is that it is not stable enough:
Testing it a week I am getting several times remarkable slow down of the virtual server (Windows SBS 2003 Standard,Windows 2003 Standard with Blackberry Enterprise Server). Only shutdown and restart could solve this. One time a complete shutdown of two server. Maybe due to heavy load through the backup processes. At the moment I won't use these drivers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!