New install on mSATA

JeffersonDavis

Nov 21, 2016
I have installed Proxmox 4.3 via USB onto an mSATA as the system. It previously ran may linux distros.

The install looks like it goes fine, then when I reboot the console monitor goes into sleep mode, I can acces the system via SSH but not via IP address.

I'm missing something, but don't know what.

...I can acces the system via SSH but not via IP address...
Please explain this. How you access your PVE with ssh? With ssh you either have to use FQDN or IP for host you want to connect to. And I can not think of such situation when you can use FQDN (which is actually translated into IP) but not IP directly...

Thank you all for your replies. I think that its video driver related as Firm suggested, I can ssh the server fine, and I took me all afternoon to realize that the web access is an https:// address, just typing the IP wasn't cutting it.

I will work on the console video later, now I'm onto fixing the certificate, and adding a VM and mounting my exiting host HDDs, but I;; start a new thread for that, as I am bit confused on the storage plan.

Thanks again

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!