Network problem

basta63

Jul 6, 2012
Hello. I am installed Proxmox without problem and trying setup VM Debian OS.
In options: KVM hardware virtualization- NO, Network - Bridged mode - vmbr0 - VirtiO (how in video guide).
When install procces comes to detecting network hardware, process abort and proxmox show message- network error:remote side closed connection. If in options set Network- NAT mode, its all ok.
How i can resolve this problem?
Thank you.

Hello. I am installed Proxmox without problem and trying setup VM Debian OS.
In options: KVM hardware virtualization- NO, Network - Bridged mode - vmbr0 - VirtiO (how in video guide).
When install procces comes to detecting network hardware, process abort and proxmox show message- network error:remote side closed connection. If in options set Network- NAT mode, its all ok.
How i can resolve this problem?
Thank you.
Hi,
why you select "kvm hardware virtualization NO"??? Do you want an realy realy slow VM?

But about the network. Do you use the standard installation? Can you post your network-config (/etc/network/interfaces) and your VM-config (below /etc/pve/qemu-server/)?

What is the output of "ifconfig -a" inside the VM?

BTW: You need also to configure the network inside the vm (the networkdevice is eth0).

Udo

Hi,
why you select "kvm hardware virtualization NO"??? Do you want an realy realy slow VM?

But about the network. Do you use the standard installation? Can you post your network-config (/etc/network/interfaces) and your VM-config (below /etc/pve/qemu-server/)?
What is the output of "ifconfig -a" inside the VM?
BTW: You need also to configure the network inside the vm (the networkdevice is eth0).
Udo

Thank you for answer.

If i select "kvm hardware virtualization YES" - console of virtaul machine not starting (googling helped me with this problem). Other commands i will check at monday.

PS

On the VirtualBox i cant setup Debian OS with "kvm hardware virtualization YES" inside Proxmox.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!