Network Interface setting in Leopard MAC OS X

J

juanjo

Dear friends,

I just intalled Leopard on my Proxmox VE Box. I solver de mouse issue thak to Prozmox Forum Solution.
Now I cannot set my ethernet. I configured the interface using Mac Confguration, but something goes wrong because a cannot get the gateway via IP.
Any idea?

Thank you in advance,
Juanjo

I'm dying to know this too... I've done a little bit of work on it using the work found here http://alex.csgraf.de/self/ but Proxmox is hardly a conventional KVM install and that last command qemu-system-x86_64 doesn't even exist to create the virtual machines with all the extra options.

I realize that binary is in the kvm package but installing that package would uninstall all the Proxmox VE packages also.

I was hoping some how the 'qm' command would have the -M, -osk, and -kernel options... or a way to give them to it.

I realize that binary is in the kvm package but installing that package would uninstall all the Proxmox VE packages also.

No, the binary you look for is called 'kvm' - it is contained in package 'pve-qemu-kvm'. Also you can use the 'args' option of qm to pass arbitrary parameters to kvm (see 'man qm').

can you please post the forum thread link with which you installed mac and solved the mouse problem?

Did anyone figure out how to get Leopard MAC OS X installed?

If so can you please post the link on how its done, so others can too...

CHEERS.....

hi pva00
thanks for the reply, but my problem is bigger then getting the mouse to work, i cant get the os to install at all. I tried running the .dmg and it would not read the image, so i then tried to conver the .dmg to .iso and the same problem occurred, and then I attempted the install via efi, and even tho i managed to get efi to boot, i had trouble changing the iso file. when I tried removing the efi.iso, and adding a new iso image, after entering f5, it would just reboot in efi...

so last time round I tried installing an earlier version then upgrading to leopard snow, but I had the same issues. I was unable to get proxmox to read the image.

Thanks
Huss

I only used a converted VMware image. I have no experience with installation from scratch.

I only used a converted VMware image. I have no experience with installation from scratch.

Hi pva00,

Would it be possible to know where you found the procedure to convert the vmware image ?
Are you running your leopard installation on an AMD or Intel processor ?

Thank you

With virtualbox tools I converted the VMDK file to a raw format. The raw format can be used with proxmox ve.

Hello,

I'm sorry beeing so insistant with this issue but could you tell how you built your vmware image (or where you found it)

Thank you so much,

Thomas

I too would also like to know where this vmware image was from and/or how the original poster juanjo originally got his working.

Hi there,

I hd some success in installing snow leo, but I'm now facing to the network problem. Did you manager to solve the problem ?

Thank you

Hi,,
the thread started asking about the network interface setting, but the must of the people are asking about how get the MAC OS appliance image to be installed, and it seem that all we still waiting for answers... any update?

From where we can get the MAC OS Image to be installed, because the iso aren't available, anybody solve it?

Regards,

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!