Network access to WebUi trough zerotier

Metroidman

Feb 7, 2021
Hi and let me start off by saying this product is awesome

Here comes the tricky part, im currently in the process of trying to configure WebUi access to proxmox over Zerotier
i have successfully setup everything to run a node and its fine n dandy, my whole setup is tapped up to the zerotier network
however i can not access the proxmox webui over my given zerotier ip adress or local ip adress with the zerotier plugin.

i have a Opnsense firewall which is yet to be configured (passes all traffic at the moment) which has also a webui but i can not seem to be able to access neither the opnsense or proxmox webui's over the zerotier network, i can however ssh to both so there isnt a routing issue AFAIK.

as zerotier is simply a plugin im not sure if this is the right forum to ask for guidance on the matter but i am looking for someone who has successfully configured the webui to work over the network

as of this writing i can access the webui remotely trough a vnc connection on a vm and browsing it locally but i cant seem to be able to configure straight access to the ui, im trying to figure this out as i have hardened my vnc connection with 2fa and this isnt compatible on mobile devices, take note i did not have access earlier even without the 2fa so i cant pin the issue to be this.

could anyone point me in the right direction for me to start configuring this properly as zerotier configuration for the plugin part is rather simple,
i am in no means a linux "pro" power user but i do understand simple documentation :cool: and would like to start pinning this down

i understand this might not be the right forum to ask for help in the subject and will act accordingly.

Regards
-Metroidman

Hi and let me start off by saying this product is awesome

Here comes the tricky part, im currently in the process of trying to configure WebUi access to proxmox over Zerotier
i have successfully setup everything to run a node and its fine n dandy, my whole setup is tapped up to the zerotier network
however i can not access the proxmox webui over my given zerotier ip adress or local ip adress with the zerotier plugin.

i have a Opnsense firewall which is yet to be configured (passes all traffic at the moment) which has also a webui but i can not seem to be able to access neither the opnsense or proxmox webui's over the zerotier network, i can however ssh to both so there isnt a routing issue AFAIK.

as zerotier is simply a plugin im not sure if this is the right forum to ask for guidance on the matter but i am looking for someone who has successfully configured the webui to work over the network

as of this writing i can access the webui remotely trough a vnc connection on a vm and browsing it locally but i cant seem to be able to configure straight access to the ui, im trying to figure this out as i have hardened my vnc connection with 2fa and this isnt compatible on mobile devices, take note i did not have access earlier even without the 2fa so i cant pin the issue to be this.

could anyone point me in the right direction for me to start configuring this properly as zerotier configuration for the plugin part is rather simple,
i am in no means a linux "pro" power user but i do understand simple documentation :cool: and would like to start pinning this down

i understand this might not be the right forum to ask for help in the subject and will act accordingly.

Regards
-Metroidman
I have a basic masquerading nat working and zerotier works with incoming, I am still trying to work out how to let 9993 out to avoid a relay. let me know if you still need any help. if you can post as much info as possible about your proxmox network, I will be happy to explore with you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!