Needs Help Setup Proxmox

Browndawg74

Jan 10, 2008
I am trying to Free Verison of the Proxmox on vmware server 1.04. I am have a problems setup Proxmox. I trying this on my home computers. I want to setup this up at work after I get Proxmox working on my home network. My home network is my test network. I read the Administration Setup guide. I'm having a problem with setting up my firewall.

The firewall setup are

SMTP
TCP
Proxmox
Internet
SMTP
TCP
Internet
Proxmox
NTP
TCP/UDP
Proxmox
Internet
RAZOR
TCP
Proxmox
Internet
DCC (not enabled by default)
UDP
Proxmox
Internet
DNS
TCP/UDP
Proxmox
DNS Server
HTTP
TCP
Proxmox
Internet

I am having a hard time setup this proxmox. Please help

I am trying to Free Verison of the Proxmox on vmware server 1.04. I am have a problems setup Proxmox. I trying this on my home computers. I want to setup this up at work after I get Proxmox working on my home network. My home network is my test network. I read the Administration Setup guide. I'm having a problem with setting up my firewall.

The firewall setup are

SMTP
TCP
Proxmox
Internet
SMTP
TCP
Internet
Proxmox
NTP
TCP/UDP
Proxmox
Internet
RAZOR
TCP
Proxmox
Internet
DCC (not enabled by default)
UDP
Proxmox
Internet
DNS
TCP/UDP
Proxmox
DNS Server
HTTP
TCP
Proxmox
Internet

I am having a hard time setup this proxmox. Please help

hi,

thanks for posting, but what exactly is your problem?

please describe your current setup (without proxmox) and your idea how to integrate proxmox in your mail system.

System Configuration
Network Tab
Ip 192.168.xx.14 this is my ip address for Proxmox
SM 255.255.255.0
GW 192.168.XX.1 This is GW to the Router
DNS
HN Proxmox
DM EdwardsXXXXXXX.local My Domain Name
FDNS 192.168.XX.15 Is the IP address to my DNS Server and Exchange 2003 Server.
SDNS 127.0.0.1 Loopback

Mail Proxy Configuration

Relaying Tab

D Relay: Proxmox.edwardsxxxxxxx.local Is the DNS entry for my Proxmox server
SMTP PORT: 25

Ports Tab

ex Smtp 25
IN Smtp 26

I'm sure if i have to configure the Network tab, but I put my network and email host in.

I have a watchguard firewall, I am running windows 2003 with 2003 exchange server. I just forwarding all the to the exchange server. Im not blocking any spam. I was working on a solutions for spam for home and work.

I have a watchguard firewall, I am running windows 2003 with 2003 exchange server. I just forwarding all the to the exchange server. Im not blocking any spam. I was working on a solutions for spam for home and work.

First, make sure that you have a license with your mail domain (just download one from www.proxmox.com).

a mail domain looks like: domain.com

then, forward the smtp traffic from the internet to your proxmox. so all incoming emails are sent to proxmox.

now, configure the default relay in proxmox (enter here the IP address of your exchange server). the default relay is the server where proxmox forwards all filtered emails.

On the exchnage server incoming mail in on port 25 do I need to port the exchange server on port 26 for incoming mail.

Jan 10 12:55:53hakim@deicingxxxxxxx.comhakim@edwardsxxxxxxx.netrejectedJan 10 12:55:53smtpdwarning: 207.145.234.106: hostname ip-207.xxx.xxx.106.megapath.net verification
failed: Name or service not knownJan 10 12:55:53smtpdconnect from unknown[207.xxx.xxx.106]Jan 10 12:55:53smtpdNOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[207.xxx.xxx.106]: 450 4.7.1 Client host
rejected: cannot find your hostname, [207.xxx.xxx.106];
from=<hakim@deicingxxxxxxx.com> to=<hakim@edwardsxxxxxxx.net> proto=ESMTP
helo=<deicingxxxxxxx.com>Jan 10 12:55:53smtpddisconnect from unknown[207.xxx.xxx.106]

On the exchnage server incoming mail in on port 25 do I need to port the exchange server on port 26 for incoming mail.

no, for incoming emails you can leave everything on the exchange as before.

mail flow incoming:

internet (25) - Firewall - Proxmox - Exchange

mail flow outgoing:

Exchange (26) - Proxmox (26) - Internet (25)

I'm not able to send or recieve email. proxmox is rejecting all incoming email, and not delivering outgoing email.

I'm not able to send or recieve email. proxmox is rejecting all incoming email, and not delivering outgoing email.

hi,

please send the log from an incoming message, who is the sender, who is the recipient, what is your mail domain.

please use to message tracking center to query these logs.

I'm getting this email bounce back

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 1/10/2008 1:37 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

hakim@deicingxxxxxxx.com on 1/10/2008 1:37 PM
The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator.
<edwardsxxxxxx.local #5.4.0>

The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator.

hi,

this says that the domain does not exist in dns.
hakim@deicingxxxxxxx.com

this has nothing to do with proxmox. if you have any issues on proxmox, please send the logs from proxmox as I pointed you in the last post.

I'm sorry. I read this document last night. I have the document in front of me right now. I changed all the setting just like the document said. I'm confused on 7.3 postfix setting. the default_transport = smtp:1.2.3.4:26. the ip address should be my exchange server?

Jan 10 19:55:54
smtpd
connect from n4.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com[217.146.182.181]
Jan 10 19:55:55smtpdNOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from n4.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com[217.146.182.181]: 554 5.7.1
<hakim@edwards.net>: Relay access denied; from=<hakim@yahoo.com>
to=<hakim@edwards.net> proto=SMTP helo=<n4.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com>Jan 10 19:55:56smtpddisconnect from n4.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com[217.146.182.181]

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!