Need to Remove Cluster-Member

J

JohnM

Hello,

I've made quite a few mistakes in the last few hours and have a situation which I'm not able to figure out. Any help would be appreciated.

I followed a guide to setup a cluster between two of my proxmox host servers, not realizing/not being told that the servers would need to be in the same location connected by a switch that supported multicast. It wasn't until after the setup that I realized this would be a problem, and now I have a situation on one of the nodes.

One of the nodes is fine (the one which I created the cluster on). I simply deleted the other node from it and all was well. The other one, however, is having a number of issues.

I would like to just remove the cluster functionality entirely from the second node. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Hello,

I've made quite a few mistakes in the last few hours and have a situation which I'm not able to figure out. Any help would be appreciated.

I followed a guide to setup a cluster between two of my proxmox host servers, not realizing/not being told that the servers would need to be in the same location connected by a switch that supported multicast.

See http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_2.0_Cluster#Requirements

It wasn't until after the setup that I realized this would be a problem, and now I have a situation on one of the nodes.

One of the nodes is fine (the one which I created the cluster on). I simply deleted the other node from it and all was well. The other one, however, is having a number of issues.

I would like to just remove the cluster functionality entirely from the second node. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

A fresh install would be an option, fast and clean. (But you will also find threads in this forum about manually removing)

I do wish I had used that for my setup instead of what I did, as it clearly lays out the requirements.

I ended up getting it to work manually by stopping the pve-cluster service, starting local only mode, deleting the cluster files, and rebooting. It's worth noting that i lost all of my vz conf files by doing this and had to recreate them manually, but things are (fingers crossed) working as desired now.

JohnM;56448It's worth noting that [I said:
i lost all of my vz conf files[/I] by doing this and had to recreate them manually, but things are (fingers crossed) working as desired now.

AFAIR pve does not delete any files. So you deleted the VM config files manually?

how to show image

i m using proxmox api for php , i getting status of vm as png , but i dnot know how to show image , i getting path like
/var/lib/rrdcached/db/pve2-vm/102.png

plz help me

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!