Need tagging network help

tl5k5

Jul 28, 2017
Hey all,
I have a functioning 10Gb Proxmox server.
I have multiple VLANs configured on my switch.
Proxmox/VMs are only communicating with a single VLAN.
If I wanted to have all VLANs connect to the server via the 10Gb port I can tag the port on the switch, but what kind of config do I need on the server side?

Sorry, I'm not much of a networking guy...but I'm all we have. :)

Thanks!

If your switch tagging is correct, you just need to enter the VLAN id in the corresponding field at VM or container network configuration

So there's no configuration I need to place on the Proxmox 10Gb to make the other VLANs accessible? Does anyone have an example config I can look at to get my head wrapped around this? Thanks!

Not yet. It's hard to find the time with all the other hats I wear.
I must be thinking it's harder to set up than it is. I'll eventually get around to giving it a try. Thanks!

Not yet. It's hard to find the time with all the other hats I wear.
I must be thinking it's harder to set up than it is. I'll eventually get around to giving it a try. Thanks!

Hmm .. it takes one minute to configure and another to try out. I use it on a daily basis and it works like a charm:

upload_2018-3-10_9-58-9.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!