[SOLVED] Nach Update auf Proxmox 6.2 iommu Probleme

at3tb

Dec 30, 2018
NiederÖsterreich
at3tb.noip.me
Hallo Gemainde
Habe heute auf Version 6.2 upgedatet.
Leider geht seit dem kein iommu sprich Hardware Passthru mehr.

Wenn ich die Maschiene mit der Durchgereichter Netzwerkkarte starten will kommt nur

kvm: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:07:00.0,id=hostpci0,bus=ich9-pcie-port-1,addr=0x0: vfio 0000:07:00.0: failed to setup container for group 9: Failed to set iommu for container: Operation not permitted
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

und im syslog

May 17 09:44:26 pve kernel: vfio_iommu_type1_attach_group: No interrupt remapping support. Use the module param "allow_unsafe_interrupts" to enable VFIO IOMMU support on this platform

Obwol
echo "options vfio_iommu_type1 allow_unsafe_interrupts=1" > /etc/modprobe.d/iommu_unsafe_interrupts.conf
eingetragen ist.

Die Maschiene lief vor dem Update ohne Probleme.
mfg

mit dem 6.2 update wurde das vfio modul in den kernel direkt integriert (dh die einstellungen von /etc/modprobe.d werden nicht übernommen), wir haben es aber wieder gepatcht und es sollte mit der version
pve-kernel 5.4.41-1 wieder ein modul sein

dh. entweder die einstellung auf der kernel commandline machen oder auf das kernel upgrade warten

Thank you for this. I had been pulling my hair out all morning trying to figure out why GPU passthrough would not worl!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!