Myricom 10gb network adapter 10g-pcie-8a-c 40k9055

jguerra

Oct 4, 2012
I'm going to pick up a couple of these myricom 10gb network adapters on ebay for about $75 each. Just checking here to find out if they are compatible with proxmox.
I've got a dlink DXS-3350SR network switch, it's got a couple of 10g uplink ports. Enough to fool around with anyways.

Oh, I guess I'd have to re-install proxmox if I add a 10G network adapter to the server? or will it pick up addition?

I'm going to pick up a couple of these myricom 10gb network adapters on ebay for about $75 each. Just checking here to find out if they are compatible with proxmox.
I've got a dlink DXS-3350SR network switch, it's got a couple of 10g uplink ports. Enough to fool around with anyways.

Oh, I guess I'd have to re-install proxmox if I add a 10G network adapter to the server? or will it pick up addition?
Hi,
don't know if this adapter is supported (but I guess yes), but why you want reinstall pve?? It's not windows!
Insert the Nic and boot the server and you will see additional network-ports (like eth1...) if the driver is allready available (kernel-module).
You can change the nic-naming (e.g. eth2 -> eth0) due changing /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

BTW. This module is for myricom on pve2.1:
Code:
modinfo myri10ge
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.32-14-pve/kernel/drivers/net/myri10ge/myri10ge.ko
license:        Dual BSD/GPL
version:        1.5.1-1.451
author:         Maintainer: help@myri.com
description:    Myricom 10G driver (10GbE)
srcversion:     E69A1A773803F13888E1C41
alias:          pci:v000014C1d00000009sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
alias:          pci:v000014C1d00000008sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
depends:        dca
vermagic:       2.6.32-14-pve SMP mod_unload modversions 
parm:           myri10ge_fw_names:array of charp
parm:           myri10ge_fw_name:Firmware image name (charp)
parm:           myri10ge_ecrc_enable:Enable Extended CRC on PCI-E (int)
parm:           myri10ge_small_bytes:Threshold of small packets (int)
parm:           myri10ge_msi:Enable Message Signalled Interrupts (int)
parm:           myri10ge_intr_coal_delay:Interrupt coalescing delay (int)
parm:           myri10ge_flow_control:Pause parameter (int)
parm:           myri10ge_deassert_wait:Wait when deasserting legacy interrupts (int)
parm:           myri10ge_force_firmware:Force firmware to assume aligned completions (int)
parm:           myri10ge_initial_mtu:Initial MTU (int)
parm:           myri10ge_napi_weight:Set NAPI weight (int)
parm:           myri10ge_watchdog_timeout:Set watchdog timeout (int)
parm:           myri10ge_max_irq_loops:Set stuck legacy IRQ detection threshold (int)
parm:           myri10ge_debug:Debug level (0=none,...,16=all) (int)
parm:           myri10ge_lro_max_pkts:Number of LRO packets to be aggregated (int)
parm:           myri10ge_fill_thresh:Number of empty rx slots allowed (int)
parm:           myri10ge_max_slices:Max tx/rx queues (int)
parm:           myri10ge_rss_hash:Type of RSS hashing to do (int)
parm:           myri10ge_dca:Enable DCA if possible (int)
Udo

Make sure your switch has CX4 ports usable as uplinks before buying... just an FYI (CX4 is kind of rare)

Hello.
And what to do if PVE ddid not see the adapter?
I tryed to install driver manualy, but got an error:
make
Makefile:20: *** Aborting the build: Linux kernel /lib/modules/2.6.32-32-pve/build source not found. Stop.

UPD. Problem solved.
1. changed repository to free one.
2. install pve-headers-2.6.32-32-pve
3. after that "make" drivers

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!