multiple relays

felipe

Oct 28, 2013
Hello, it seems that relaying the mails via round robin to multiple servers (exchange cluster) is not possible at the moment?

Depends - you can do that with DNS records:
pick a name in your domain (relay.mydomain.com)
add each exchange's IP as A record to relay.mydomain.com
-> relay mails to relay.mydomain.com

I hope this helps!

Dns round robin: I could try.. but we use internal ips. It is still possible though. But i dont know how good it works if a node goes down. maybe we user the loadbalancer for this. Mailcleaner had the option to do this. But anyway we will try a different approach.
So it would be the default relay ? And if we want to user extern Mailservers on local sites we go with transports right?

But i dont know how good it works if a node goes down.
In my experience DNS round robin works quite well in the SMTP case - I would suggest you try it :)
And if we want to user extern Mailservers on local sites we go with transports right?
Not quite sure if I understand the question completely - if not please explain some more
but you use transports to override the 'default relay' for certain relay domains.
so if you set your default relay to main.server.com, and have 2 domains 'a.com' and 'b.com' configured as relay domains:
* if you create a transport entry for b.com pointing to second.server.com - mails for xxx@b.com would get sent to second.server.com
* mails to xxx@a.com would get sent to main.server.com (since it's the default relay)

I hope this explains it!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!