multiple ip from gataway

user1234567

Mar 12, 2020
Hello,

I have five ip addresses assigned to our network from the ISP. For the initial proxmox setup, is it ideal to point to the gateway from the ISP or use the one from the router?

Hi,

I don't know how your setup is, but you usually use on the host the router as the gateway.
The router use the gateway from the ISP.

so the modem (196.168.0.1) and router (192.168.1.1) and since I have a few additional ip's from the isp, those come with a gateway too. I've test Proxmox with directly connecting to modem and assign one of the public ip's by using the gateway for the additional ip's, and it works. Now im only trying things out but ultimately I want to use the vm's for centos . I don't intend on running Proxmox with the public ip and exposing the gui publicly but when I install Proxmox through the router (apple AirPort Extreme) I don't get outside internet coming to Proxmox. please advise on how I should setup knowing what I just explained. thank you

You have to ask your ISP how routing is done.
There are many different ways to do so.
This has nothing to do with Proxmox VE.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!