[SOLVED] Multiple Gateway on PVE?

Indirectelex

May 26, 2021
Canada
I have a PowerEdge and I would like to use those ethernet ports for specific gateway. LAN 1 would be for PVE but I wonder if I can use LAN 2, 3 and 4 for vlans and LXCs? If this is possible then I guess I should create a Linux Bridge or Linux VLan? I already have vlans from my router and switches but I don't know how to go further. Please help me. Thanks

you can create vlan specific bridges and interfaces or you can just use vlan-aware bridges and use those to allocate vm's and containers to specific vlans.

you can create vlan specific bridges and interfaces or you can just use vlan-aware bridges and use those to allocate vm's and containers to specific vlans.
I have the main PVE ethernet port assign to a specific vlan, should I create a group of vlan just for the main ethernet port of PVE?

I have the main PVE ethernet port assign to a specific vlan, should I create a group of vlan just for the main ethernet port of PVE?
I guess my comprehension of networking leveled up since last time I tried to do it. Now it works thanks for your answer it remind me to keep it simple

Reactions: bobmc

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!