[SOLVED] Moving Container Fails

ahriman

Apr 26, 2022
I have a container that I created on a directory storage and I'm trying to move the disk to LVM-thin storage. Is there any way to do this? Everytime I try to move the volume I get an error. I think it may not be possible (at least through the GUI).

Bash:
  Logical volume "vm-901-disk-0" created.
Creating filesystem with 2097152 4k blocks and 524288 inodes
Filesystem UUID: 1ceda3a9-b204-4fba-b609-12e18b4a870c
Superblock backups stored on blocks:
    32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736, 1605632
Specified filename /var/lib/lxc/901/.copy-volume-1 does not exist.
  Logical volume "vm-901-disk-0" successfully removed
TASK ERROR: storage 'local' does not support containers

Any ideas what might be happening?

I figured it out! Before I did this, I changed my local volume to no longer permit containers or VMs since I wanted to put them on my lvm-thin volume. However, that apparently prohibits a copy of the volume from being made during the move process. I re-enabled containers on my local volume and then it completed the copy successfully. I then made the configuration change again to stop new containers/VMs from being stored there.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!