move an external hard drive from one proxmox to another

samuel.B

Nov 5, 2020
Bonjour,

je recherche une aide précieuse pour m'aider a monter un disque dur externe d'une VM qui est sur un proxmox existant vers une machine VM d'un autre proxmox sans le formater car il y a des données dessus

hi,

the forum language is english.

I am looking for valuable help to help me mount an external hard drive from a VM which is on an existing proxmox to a VM machine from another proxmox without formatting it because there is data on it

normally you can just copy the disk or use backup/restore.
find which storage is your disk stored (qm config VMID should tell you the storage, then you can check your storage settings to see how to take the disk from it.)
you can use scp to transfer the file.

Hello,

the problem is that I no longer have access to the old proxmox so I would like to take the external hard drive and put it in the other server

i don't understand your question. if you no longer have access to the old proxmox then how are you going to take the (physical) external hard drive?

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help, suddenly, being in a hurry, I used software to recover the data and reinstall it in the other server.
However, I will retain your solution in case the problem recurs on another day.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!