Mounting ISO File Woes

DZO

Aug 25, 2024
Hi community!

I'm just getting starting with proxmox having used ahv, esx and hyper-v for a long time.

I have a single host, I've added an NFS storage share to my QNAP for just ISO files, keeping internal storage on the proxmox server free.

The NFS share has been setup correctly, with NFS access being granted to the host and the NO_ROOT_SQUASH squash option being selected.

I can upload and remove ISOs via the proxmox portal, without issue, however when I try to mount an iso to a freshly created VM I receive the following error.

qemu-img: Could not open '/mnt/pve/ISO/template/iso/debian-12.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso': Could not open '/mnt/pve/ISO/template/iso/debian-12.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso': Input/output error (500)

I'm correct in saying I should be able to mount ISO files hosted in an external NFS share served up by another machine?

I'm at a total loss having wasted hours trying to figure it out! :confused:

edit - Another user allows mounts without issue on the same share via an SMB share which I can use for now, still can't understand why NFS wouldn't work however?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!