Mounted volume/disk total showing only half the actual space

Jan 27, 2022
I am new to Proxmox, love it BTW.

I added a 1TB NVME to the server. Space is accurate via lsblk and df -h, also under Storage in the GUI. However once mounted/added it is only reporting 488GB of total space. Not sure what I did wrong but I would love some guidance. Here are a few screenshots

This is the article I followed to get the storage added. Worked great, no errors https://nodetwelve.com/add-storage-drive-to-proxmox-7/

image1.png

image2.png

image3.png

Here you go
dir: NVME
path /mnt/proxmox
content snippets,backup,vztmpl,images
prune-backups keep-all=1
shared 0
This is not the right location of your new 1tb nvme...
The new 1tb nvme location is /mnt/nvmeprox

You can configure properly from web ui in Datacenter > Storage

Last edited:
This is not the right location of your new 1tb nvme...
The new 1tb nvme location is /mnt/nvmeprox

You can configure properly from web ui in Datacenter > Storage
Ok, when I added it the second time it worked!!! So if I was using the wrong mount path, how in the world did it show up at all? Even being half the capacity, shouldn't it have thrown an error or something?

Last edited:
Huh, ok so I removed it and added it back in using the /mnt/nvmeprox path. Came back w/o issue but the size is still wrong. I know I am doing something so stupid. I just can't figure out what it is!

https://www.screencast.com/t/4FC5yEuZ

It was showing the capacity of pve-root ;)
haha! Well now that makes sense. I've spent so many years working with Vmware and know it so well, this is like going back to square one with a hypervisor! Thanks again for the help :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!