mount error: No such file or directory (500)

J

jerim

First, let me say that I switched over from working with some other cloud platform and I have found Proxmox miles ahead in terms of ease of use and features.

I am having one slight problem though. I have a two storage servers that I have set up in a cluster. I followed this guide exactly: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HighlyAvailableNFS

I went to mount my NFS using 10.89.99.30. Proxmox automatically sees my NFS share and I select it from the drop down menu. After it is added, I go to view the contents on the storage and it keeps saying:
mount error: No such file or directory (500)

So just to be sure, I went into one of my Proxmox boxes and issued the mount command manually:
mount -t nfs 10.89.99.30:/Storage/export /Storage

The NFS share was mounted with no issues and doing "df -h /Storage" indicated that it showed up with the correct disk size. It seems like the Proxmox software is having a hard time recognizing that the storage is attached? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed that Proxmox was mounting the NFS share to /mnt/pve/Storage, so I tried doing it manually on one of my nodes using the 'mount -v -o 'vers=3' 10.89.99.30:/Storage/export /mnt/pve/Storage" command:
mount: no type was given - I'll assume nfs because of the colon
mount.nfs: timeout set for Sat May 26 01:40:38 2012
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=3,addr=10.89.99.30'
mount.nfs: prog 100003, trying vers=3, prot=6
mount.nfs: trying 10.89.99.30 prog 100003 vers 3 prot TCP port 2049
mount.nfs: prog 100005, trying vers=3, prot=17
mount.nfs: trying 10.89.99.30 prog 100005 vers 3 prot UDP port 44253
mount.nfs: mount(2): Permission denied
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 10.89.99.30:/Storage/export

My /etc/exports file looks like this:
/Server/export *(rw,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

I can see the NFS share using 'showmount -e 10.89.99.30' from my Proxmox node:
Export list for 10.89.99.30:
/Server/export *

There is nothing in my /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow files. I have verified nfs-kernel-server is up and running using 'service nfs-kernel-server status' on NFS server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. It was my own stupid mistake. The /etc/export file on my storage servers was using /Server/export instead of /Storage/export. Once I got that corrected, everything was fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!