Monitoring Resource Usage

rtlarose

Jan 8, 2021
Hello,

I have Proxmox installed on a remote dedicated server. Currently I am using it for personal/testing purposes. I have deployed VM's to friends to test and want to make sure that they aren't overutilizing allocated resources.

Is there a way to set set thresholds on VM's resources, i.e. (Memory, CPU, Diskspace) for the purpose of sending email alerts to me? This way I do not have to continually log in to check each VM.

I appreciate the input!

Regards,

Robert LaRose

icinga2, zabbix, grafana, munin, there are many monitoring solutions that can send mails.

just set hard limits, every vm can be restricted for cpu, ram, disk io, nic bandwith.

Last edited:
H4R0,

Thank you for your response. I have the resources limited manually for the VM's. I was hoping to be able to set thresholds to trigger an email alert. I have configured zabbix before but find that it's use is better suited for clusters. It's not too big a deal... just wanted to see if there was a simple solution via the GUI. Still learning Proxmox...

H4R0,

Thank you for your response. I have the resources limited manually for the VM's. I was hoping to be able to set thresholds to trigger an email alert. I have configured zabbix before but find that it's use is better suited for clusters. It's not too big a deal... just wanted to see if there was a simple solution via the GUI. Still learning Proxmox...

There is nothing built in to proxmox for alerts.

But proxmox supports export to influxdb and graphite databases.

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/External_Metric_Server

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!