Missing LDAP Attribut Mapping

skoep

May 24, 2021
Hello, everyone,

unfortunately i miss the ldap mapping for some attributes. My ldap server is a standard openldap server and saves the first name in "givenname" and the last name in "sn". Unfortunately proxmox asks with the attributes "firstname" and "lastname" what my openldap server cannot do (also: expire, keys, enable, and comment).

It would be very helpful if openldap were available directly at the selection (including the correct attributes) or in the menu one would have to be able to map these attributes exactly as with the user attribute.

If of course something like that already exists and I just can't find it, it would be great if one of you can give me a hint.

Thanks
Sven

@skoep I was just running into this as well and found that you can edit the /etc/pve/domains.cfg file, locate the AD/LDAP realm and modify the sync_attributes line to customize the field mapping. For example, I updated mine to sync_attributes email=mail,firstname=givenName,lastname=sn to pull in email, first and last name from active directory. Hope this helps

Reactions: bondif and skoep

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!