Migration of kvm vm in proxmox 2.1 seems suspend the vm

lozair

Nov 4, 2008
Making live migration on our new proxmox cluster provide a lot of packet loss.
If we ping the vm from an outside host we lost ten packets during migration.
If we ping an external machine from the vm we can see the ping stop send packets during migration.
But after migration, ping send packets again and when we stop pinging in the vm the result is 0% packets loss which seems indicate the vm was suspended....

Anyone encountering the same problem.
Perhaps a configuration problem here bu i can't find it.

Thks for your help

I will test it and get back with result.
Do you think i can migrate only two nodes of my cluster in test and continue to use other nodes for production......

Making live migration on our new proxmox cluster provide a lot of packet loss.
If we ping the vm from an outside host we lost ten packets during migration.
If we ping an external machine from the vm we can see the ping stop send packets during migration.
But after migration, ping send packets again and when we stop pinging in the vm the result is 0% packets loss which seems indicate the vm was suspended....

Anyone encountering the same problem.
Perhaps a configuration problem here bu i can't find it.

Thks for your help

When ever we migrate a machine we have a few moments of pings being lost when it migrates from one physical box to another - we have just put that down to the network switch's ARP cache not refreshing properly. What switch do you have between your physical nodes?

Yes i understand some pings can be losts but the strange behavior is it seems the guest is suspended.....
We use Avaya switchs 56xx xith bonding and vlan tagging.

Thks for your help

We have migrated to proxmox 2.2 on two nodes.
Now all is ok !!
There are some packets loss but no loss of connexions.

I'm the alone user to have this problem in 2.1 ?

all seems ok with the pvetest repository.....
The migration work like a charm...
Have you any idea about the problem ?

We plan massive upgrade of our infrastructure from 1.9 to 2.1 next week.
Reading some posts i saw the next release 2.2 will be out shortly.
Is it possible to use pvetest for our migration in order to hav working live migration and after the next stable release switch again on the stable pve repository ?

Thks for your help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!