Migration and priority

Sarlis Dimitris

Oct 19, 2018
I would like to get some extra info regarding the migration on HA system with 3 nodes.
My question will start with a sample of setup,

I have node1 with 3 VMs (100, 101, 102)
Node2 with (103 & 104)
& node3 which is not identical with node1 & node2 but yet a simple PC just to traffic the HA.

So lets say that node2 get's damage and I have 103 VM in HA. Can i set the priority, to guide it migrate to node1?

I made a demo fail and the VMs gone to node3.

Is the priority fixed?

Also, should I go with dedicated cluster network address to all 3 for faster results in migration and failover?
If yes, can i do so with virtual network adapters?
All 3 nodes have 2 lans physically..

Thanks for reading me

you can use a 'restricted' HA group for this, where only node 1 and 2 are members. a separate cluster network is recommended for stability reasons, especially when using HA (loss of connectivity means fenced nodes!). it does not make failover go any faster.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!