Migrating VMs to New Server with PVE-Zsync - Very Slow and Progress Reverts when Interrupted

rflaherty

Jun 18, 2015
So I have an old server and a new server, both are running proxmox. I was attempting to migrate about 600GB of data. It didn't need to be migrated quickly, but it's taken nearly two weeks. I ran the command inside of screen. One of the servers rebooted due to power outage and it literally erased the data from the target server.

How can I speed this process up and make it so that when the sync is interrupted, it picks up where it left off? I was going over a Gig link and it was only doing 7 Mb/s. I can do 10GB, but it's currently not even saturating a gig link so I don't think that will help.

What am I doing wrong here? I've done this many times before without these issues.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!