migrating a physicial server

SCG

May 15, 2019
im trying to migrate a physical server to proxmox.
my proxmox host is running on a hp dl 580 g7 and my physical server is a Lenovo 3250 m3.

The Lenovo runs windows server 2012 R2,
I've tried multiple methods mentioned on the wiki ( https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Migration_of_servers_to_Proxmox_VE ) already.

But all these methods fail as the VM won't boot anymore and only says "Booting from Hard Disk...".
yesterday I've tried to load the image with Acronis true image and get the same issue.

if i mount the image in another VM what already has windows installed as a secondary hard drive I can access the files just fine.

am I missing a driver or something?

Is the right boot device chosen for the VM in SeaBIOS? Can you post the VM config? (`qm config VMID`)

Is the right boot device chosen for the VM in SeaBIOS? Can you post the VM config? (`qm config VMID`)
boot: cdn
bootdisk: ide0
cores: 8
ide0: SAN5_SSD:132/vm-132-disk-1.qcow2,size=72G
memory: 8196
name: testmigration
net0: e1000=1A:9D:14:C5:51:EE,bridge=vmbr0
numa: 0
ostype: win8
smbios1: uuid=b8201542-b12e-4cfe-acb0-e656705286fd
sockets: 1

config seems correct to me.

@SCG, this is exactly why you shouldn't open two threads for the same problem in both german and english forum. when it gets solved in the german one, it's harder to follow the solution for some people, since a translation isn't posted here. please refrain from doing this again.

you should explain also in this thread how you solved your issue exactly, so other people can benefit too. and i'll ask you to mark this thread as [SOLVED] (by editing your first post)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!