Migrate proxmox 1.7 cluster to 1.8

lozair

Nov 4, 2008
Hi,
Reading the doc i found migration guide to upgrade from 1.7 to 1.8 proxmox version for one proxmox server.
I understand we must reboot the vm after the migration node.
My question is about cluster migration sequence.
Can i have my master node in 1.7 version and my slaves noces in 1.8.
The goal is to migrate smoothly to 1.8, we have 60 vms and we can't stop all these vms at the same time.
We want update to 1.8 on node and after another node etc.....

regards

Hello!

I did the same kind of migration last week. Worked without problems.
I could even live migrate VMs between 1.7 and 1.8 Nodes, so I had no downtime at all.

hi, thanks for your response.Is there any order to follow during migration ?master node first for example..Thks

Hello!

I did the same kind of migration last week. Worked without problems.
I could even live migrate VMs between 1.7 and 1.8 Nodes, so I had no downtime at all.

I'm assuming these live migrations were KVM VMs? At least based on what I've read, live migrations no longer work for OpenVZ unless you downgrade the kernel to 2.6.18.

Curtis

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!