Migrate/Move disk-vm on NAS Storage to Local-LVM Storage

zfuadi

Jul 24, 2020
Hi, I have installed Proxmox version 6.1 a few days and I have NAS Storage list which disk-vm. now I would use it again in new Proxmox with Local-LVM path target with exist disk-vm. how to migrate/move disk-vm on NAS Storage to Local-LVM.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-08-05 10-01-43.png
    Screenshot from 2020-08-05 10-01-43.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot from 2020-08-05 10-02-20.png
    Screenshot from 2020-08-05 10-02-20.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 27
You can recreate the VMs again with the right VMID as you can see it in the name of the VM disks on the NAS.
After you created the VMs, you issue a
Code:
qm rescan[/icode] on the CLI of the PVE node. This will scan all storage for matching disks. In the new VMs hardware panel you should now see an unused disk in the `disk-vm` storage. From here you can move it easily to another storage via the GUI and then attach it to the VM to use it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!