Migrate from barracuda to proxmox

filips

May 25, 2021
Hello, we wannt to change email gateway and we have a problem with conf.
Email from outside is working fine, but we can't send any email to outside. We have an error
Code:
554 5.7.1 Relay access denied
We don't change anything in Postfix, couse it worked fine with barracuda gateway, so I think the problem is with config proxmox.

Attachments

• p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 10
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 9
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 7
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 9
Thanks, it working now. Had to change External SMTP Port to 465.

Have another question. Is Proxmox can show reputation score on each emails ?

Have another question. Is Proxmox can show reputation score on each emails ?
You can see this in the Message Tracking Center (admin) and in all Email Headers (if you configured this via the rule system) of the delivered emails.

Could you tell me where Can I find this column in Messaage Tracking Center ?
I have only this columns what you see below

Attachments

• p9.jpg
    p9.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 11
Could you tell me where Can I find this column in Messaage Tracking Center ?
yes, Its not in the column view, you can see the results of the spam tests in the detailed view only.

Ok, the last question. I send almost 16 test emails from few accounts to outside as you see in attachment, but Spam Scores shows me only 3 counts,
I restart server but it's still show only 3 messages

Attachments

• q2.jpg
    q2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 11
  • q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 11
You have just 3 emaile incoming, therefor you have just 3 on our q2.jpg.

Yes, it's true but..
1. when I have External SMTP PORT : 465 and Internal : 25 everything works fine without count imap emails. It deliver but not count.
2. when I have External SMTP PORT : 25 and Internal : 26 I can't send emails (relay denied) but it count fine imap emails
3. when I have External SMTP PORT : 26 and Internal : 25 I everything works fine without count imap emails. It deliver but not count.

Basicly, when External PORT is different than 25 count not work

What should I do to repair this.
I use 465 smtp and 993 imap on email server

Last edited:
In the screenshots you have the default relay set to 192.168.42.2 and have that as the transports. So, presuming 192.168.42.2 is connecting to PMG for outbound, you're creating a mail loop as PMG will try to connect to 192.168.42.2 to send mail out. Not sure if that is causing the behavior you're seeing but would recommend setting that to none as a test.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!