Metric Server over HTTPS and Reverse Proxy

guerro

Oct 1, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to setup a monitoring stack for multiple PVEs (~25ish client) using InfluxDB2 and Grafana.
So far I've managed to gather data from a test PVE (192.168.200.100) to a local InfluxDB server (192.168.200.160) using HTTP and visualize them using Grafana.

Now, we must be able to reach the InfluxDB server over the internet, so I've setup a reverse proxy which redirect all HTTP/S request from influxdb.domain.tlc to my InfluxDB server.
I'm able to reach Influx GUI and all it's working, the problem is that by default proxmox seems to expect a hostname like: https://influxdb.domain.tlc:8086, but in my case the port is already handled by the reverse proxy...

Is there any workaround or am I missing something?
Thank you in advance to anyone.

Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to setup a monitoring stack for multiple PVEs (~25ish client) using InfluxDB2 and Grafana.
So far I've managed to gather data from a test PVE (192.168.200.100) to a local InfluxDB server (192.168.200.160) using HTTP and visualize them using Grafana.

Now, we must be able to reach the InfluxDB server over the internet, so I've setup a reverse proxy which redirect all HTTP/S request from influxdb.domain.tlc to my InfluxDB server.
I'm able to reach Influx GUI and all it's working, the problem is that by default proxmox seems to expect a hostname like: https://influxdb.domain.tlc:8086, but in my case the port is already handled by the reverse proxy...

Is there any workaround or am I missing something?
Thank you in advance to anyone.
It would be great to get an answer to this question. The UI expects you to pass the port :8086 for example with the URL. However, at the proxy end, that's already accomplished.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!